Job Number: JN -052019-1288
Registered Nurse / RN / Workers Compensation/Disability
Occupational Health Clinic / 4 days a week long term temporary
Saint Paul, MN Suburb
We are seeking a Registered Nurse / RN to work a long-term temporary position as an Advanced Practice Solutions employee at an Occupational Healthcare Clinic in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
Work at a manufacturing site of a global fortune 500 company that produces innovative world changing technology; while providing hands-on care in an occupational health care setting.
- Provides clinical assessment for employees with work related injury/illness for Center including plant engineering employees. Facilitate appropriate medical care.
- Assists Center employees with FMLA and Workers Compensation paperwork. Works with employees on claim issues with Work Comp Insurer.
- Initiates creation of Workers Compensation Claims in clinic electronic medical record and facilitates entry to be sent to Work Comp Insurer.
- Communicates with Workers Compensation Insurer on claims and provides provider medical documentation.
- Provides disability management for open work comp claims for Center which may include:
- Coordination of medical care and return to work
- Assisting with referral appointments
- Care management
- Communicating with Work Comp Insurer about case management plan and needs adaptations
- Monitor injured/ill employees with restrictions towards full return to work
- Facilitates the reasonable accommodation process for employees with work restrictions
- RN will perform nursing intake with an initial assessment of ill/injured employees who present in the clinic
- RN will provide treatments, immunizations, and injections as directed by the clinic physician/NP or nursing guideline
- RN will provide telephonic and hands-on nursing assessment of employees who contact the medical clinic with health care needs, recommending appropriate conservative care, scheduling a same day appointment with the onsite physician/NP, referring to the primary care physician, or identifying emergency care if needed.
- RN will make calls to employees to communicate lab testing results or follow up needs as requested by the physician/NP
- RN will provide appropriate referrals to external health care providers
- Registered Nurse will support First Responder teams throughout the campus by responding to the emergency phone line when needed
- RN will assist with general clinic duties as requested (for example, checking expiration of drugs/supplies, capacity of oxygen tanks, AED quality assurance testing, etc.)
- RN will document nursing assessment, treatment, care plans, and follow-up activities in the electronic medical record
Benefits / Compensation
- RN will complete and review paperwork and work restrictions for plant employees returning to work after more than 3 days absence
- Very competitive compensation depending on years of experience
- Benefit Package
- Work Monday-Thursday
- Free parking
Contact Barb Schieffer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding this opportunity.
Advanced Practice Solutions is a healthcare employment agency that provides professional Healthcare professionals with exceptional opportunities across the U.S Advanced Practice Solutions is the nation s leading healthcare staffing and recruitment firm with 20 years of successful experience. Visit us online for more information and a complete listing of available opportunities. www.advancedpracticesolutions.com