Registered Nurse / RN / Long term temporary
Red Lake, MN
Red Lake, MN
We are seeking a Registered Nurse- RN to work full-time as an Advanced Practice Solutions employee in Red Lake, MN. The RN will work in the Emergency department with the following duties:
- Provide nursing duties in the Emergency Department such as providing comprehensive emergency room nursing care to patients based on nursing assessment and on the physician's medical plan of care. Provides nursing care to meet physical, emotional, spiritual and sociocultural needs of the patient, by means of direct care and teaching. In emergency situations when a physician is not present or immediately available, initiates appropriate measures, for example, takes resuscitation measures in case of cardiac or respiratory arrest. Operates and monitors specialized equipment such as resuscitation units, cardiac monitors, ventilators (portable), defibrillators, pulse oximeter, infusion pumps, IVACs, and warning devices. Administers therapeutic measures as prescribed by the physician such as medications, intravenous fluids, blood transfusions, treatments and procedures. Prepares patient, completes or assists as appropriate during procedures, and evaluates results.
- Reviews and interprets findings to distinguish between normal and abnormal conditions such as assesses and determines those situations that are life threatening emergencies, acute states that could result in an emergency; recognizes potential changes such as fluid and drugs side effects. Recognizes life-threatening conditions that require immediate attention of emergency room provider and responds accordingly.
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of standards of care, Quality Assurance and Infection Control activities.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions and makes simple repairs or identifies need for external service.
- Is familiar with and follows all written procedures and policies including ER technical procedures, safety, and blood-borne pathogen policy.
- Participates in ER proficiency testing.
- Documents observations, nursing interventions, therapeutic measures administered and status of coordinated activities between nursing and other professional disciplines utilizing the problem-oriented record system.
- Assists in keeping the ER area neat and orderly.
- Shall be knowledgeable and perform services using infection control practices in accordance with accreditation standards, IHS policy and procedures, and other regulating agencies and laws
- Knowledge of quality control, proficiency testing, and quality assurance to assure the reliability of the data reported.
- Skill in calibrating and operating analytical instruments sufficient to independently perform recurring tests and analysis.
- Knowledge and ability necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Ability to identify, categorize, and perform ER services to address each patient s age-specific needs (pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric)
- Provides services in a professional and respectful manner when dealing with patients and colleagues.
- Must have current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Varied shifts to cover (shift one 7:30 am to 5:30 pm and shift two 2 pm to 12 am) 7 days a week 40 hours per week.
- Benefit Package
Location: Red Lake, MN
Contact Barb Schieffer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding this opportunity.
Advanced Practice Solutions is a healthcare employment agency that provides healthcare professionals with exceptional opportunities across the U.S. Advanced Practice Solutions is the nation s leading healthcare staffing and recruitment firm with 20 years of successful experience. Visit us online for more information and a complete listing of available opportunities. www.advancedpracticesolutions.com