Nurse Practitioner / NP / FNP /ACNP
Beaver Island, MI | Permanent
Rural Health Care Loan Reimbursement
Family Practice / Urgent Care
Nurse Practitioner / NP, Family Nurse Practitioner / FNP or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner / ACNP needed to work in a rural family practice located on the largest island off Michigan s Northern Peninsula.
The qualified NP/ FNP/ ACNP will join a state of the art Family Practice on an island which is the home to 700 residents during the winter. Tourists fill the island during the travel season growing the population to several thousand during the spring, summer, and fall months. This Rural Healthcare group operates as a sole health care facility on the island. This facility is 30 miles from the mainland of Michigan, and transportation to the island is provided by two airports and public ferry transportation.
Make island living, your new way of life. Live on the island 365 days a year (outside of personal vacation) to provide health care to residents and tourists alike in a team with another Nurse Practitioner.
An Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Practitioner with certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner FNP or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner - ACNP will qualify for this permanent full-time or part-time healthcare opportunity.
- Work full-time ONLY 3 DAYS PER WEEK
- Clinic hours are 8:30 5 PM
- During winter months, potential to see approximately 3 + patients per day in the clinic, while also providing emergency care calls by phone or on-site as needed
- Call rotate every other weekend
- Call includes emergency care at the clinic and triage by phone
- During tourist season see up to 20 patients per day
- During tourist season this fast paced clinic allows patients to be seen for all urgent and some emergent care needs without having to go to the Hospital
- NEW GRADUATES are welcome to apply! Experience as an EMT, flight nurse, ER or UC Registered Nurse / RN is a huge bonus!
- See patients of all ages from infant to geriatric
- Provide blood draws and x-ray services within the clinic
- Emergency services include getting flight assistance to stroke and heart attack patients while stabilizing condition
- Treat conditions such as, but not limited to: broken bones, chest pain, respiratory problems, including asthma, abdominal pain, severe headache, pregnancy, bleeding or cramping, chest pains, blood clots, acute injury evaluations, pneumonia, serious lacerations, eye injury, and UTI symptoms and testing
- Clear NP Licensure
- Eligibility for Michigan Licensure
- Master s Degree
- Commitment to relocate to Michigan s largest island
Benefits / Compensation
- 75K + FOR 25 CLINICAL HOURS PER WEEK PLUS CALL
- LOAN FORGIVENESS
- Full comprehensive health benefits
- Welcoming team atmosphere, with a fun energetic group
- WONDERFUL ORIENTATION
- PTO, Holidays or Holiday pay, CME, Professional fees PAID
- Live and work in Lake Superior
- Approximately 55 miles of sand, forest, restraints, and lodges
- Never ending fishing, biking, and year round enjoyment
- Great island school for K - 12
- Welcoming community, busiest during summer and fall with residents nestled in for winter
- Reasonably priced homes and vacation destinations for young and old, singles, couples, and families alike
Advanced Practice Solutions is a leading healthcare employer with 19 years experience providing professional Nurse Practitioners, Advanced Practice Nurses and Physician Assistants with employment throughout the U.S.
Visit us online for more information and a complete listing of available opportunities.