Medical Assistant MA / Long term temporary
St Paul, MN
Occupational Health Clinic / Long term Temporary
Saint Paul, MN Suburb
We are seeking a Medical Assistant to work full time, 5 days a week as an Advanced Practice Solutions employee at an Occupational Healthcare Clinic in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
Work at a manufacturing site of a global fortune 500 company that produces innovative world changing technology; while providing hands-on care in an occupational health care setting.
Medical Assistant will work 5 days per week Monday Friday 7:00 am 3:30 pm
This MA opportunity is a benefit eligible position with Advanced Practice Solutions
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily operations of medical clinic laboratory to include: phlebotomy, urinalysis, rapid strep test, glucometer, pregnancy test and urine drug collection.
- Maintain laboratory and documentation in accordance with CLIA regulations.
- Administration of vaccines and facilitation of follow up appointments for series completion.
- Facilitate and complete required medical surveillance testing including electrocardiograms, vision testing, spirometry, audiograms, x-rays, and scheduling of physician appointments
- Physician support including faxing referrals, scanning, and importing documents into the electronic medical record.
- Provide clinic receptionist activities as needed
- Assist with patient care including rooming patients, vital sign measurements and documentation, assisting physicians and nurses with procedures and other tasks as requested.
- Operation of Cell-Dyn for complete blood count results and perform maintenance. Facilitate proficiency testing.
- Certification as a medical assistant is required
- Strong phlebotomy skills
- X-ray experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of CLIA regulations and COLA accrediting requirements preferred but not required
- Clinical experience in occupational health, outpatient clinic setting or Urgent Care preferred but not required
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills and experience with electronic medical records required
- CPR certification
- NIOSH certified in spirometry and CAOHC certified in audiometry preferred but not required
Benefits / Compensation
- $24.00+ DOQ
- PTO, Holidays, Vacation
- Benefit package through APS
Contact Barb Schieffer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding this opportunity.
Advanced Practice Solutions is a healthcare employment agency, with over 20 years of successful experience, which provides professional Healthcare professionals with exceptional opportunities across the U.S. Visit us online for more information and a complete listing of available opportunities. www.advancedpracticesolutions.com