CPS Family Specialist with $5000 SIGN ON BONUS! Immediate need!
Minneapolis, MN US
A leader in the recovery community is looking for a Licensed Counselor. As a part of our team, you ll find a workplace with strong values, invested managers, and supportive co-workers as well as numerous awards, including Newsweek s Best Addiction Treatment Center and three time recipient of the Star tribunes Top Work Places. Offering the CPS a $5000 stay on bonus with a very completive salary and excellent benefits package offers medical, dental, vision, PTO, disability, life insurance & 403b retirement plan.
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the CPS Family Specialist will work with Child Protection agencies, current clients on the CPS track to support women with children and parent/child reunification. This individual will collaborate with CPS in establishing written case plans, setting individualized goals and assisting with client compliancy in achieving said goals, ensuring adherence by all parties to court order requirements, and otherwise being the main point-of-contact for these Child Protection agencies. The CPS Family Specialist role requires proficiency in documentation, electronic record keeping, coordination of services and multidisciplinary clinical consultation. In addition, the CPS Family Specialist will also teach a variety of parent-child workshops and must have a background or sufficient training in family systems and/or child development.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Management may modify, change or add to the duties of this job description at any time without notice. The essential functions include the following:
- Function as the established point of contact for all child protection workers assigned to current CPS track clients
- Deliver case management services for any tasks related to clients CPS cases
- Provide written documentation to the courts as needed
- Provide weekly feedback and monitoring to CPS
- Maintain clear documentation on each client and her legal case
- Teach a variety of education- and process-oriented workshops with the qualification to bill under 245G
- Create workshop curriculum as needed
- Coordinate with other service providers as necessary
Required Skills & Experience (Minimum Qualifications):
- At least 18 years of age
- License in alcohol and drug counseling OR license in mental health therapy (LPC/LPCC/LICSW/LMFT)
- Sufficient co-occurring training in family systems and/or child development
- Knowledge & understanding of implications of parts 9530.6405 to 9530.6505, 9543.1000 to 9543.1060, and MN Statutes, chapter 245A, sections 626.556, 626.557, & 626.5572
- Ability to successfully complete MN Dept of Human Services background study
- Excellent individual counseling and documentation skills
The Mental Health Practitioner must be a graduate student in one of the mental health professional disciplines and is formally assigned by accredited college/university to an agency or facility for clinical training; OR Holds a masters or other graduate degree in one of the mental health professional disciplines from an accredited college/university.
The Alcohol and Drug Counselor must hold a valid and active license in the state of Minnesota. An LADC must have a bachelor s degree in addiction studies, behavioral health or other related field.Contact Barb Schieffer by email at email@example.com regarding this opportunity.
Advanced Practice Solutions is the nation s leading healthcare staffing and recruitment firm with 20 years of successful experience.
Visit us online for more information and a complete listing of available opportunities.