Public Health Nurse / PHN / long term temporary
St Paul, MN | Consulting
Family Planning /Public Health
St Paul, MN
Advanced Practice Solutions is a healthcare employment agency that provides healthcare professionals with exceptional opportunities across the U.S. We are seeking a Public Health Nurse to work a long term temporary position for 6 months plus. This is an opportunity to educate and treat patients and make a true difference!
- Perform independent health assessments of individuals, families and communities by evaluating their physical, mental, social and environmental health status; and provide nursing and community health intervention based on assessment of need and current community resources.
- Make skilled nursing observations of client health status by assessing, monitoring and documenting such things as pregnancy, postpartum and infant/toddler status; developmental screening; depression screening; and evaluating the safety of home environments.
- Share with clients, families, and communities methods of preventative positive health practices, such as health pregnancy; home and family safety; child growth and development; child spacing; and healthy parenting.
- Provide case management for clients by developing care plans, consulting with other health care providers such as physicians and social workers, refer clients to other health care resources.
- Provide orientation and training to Public Health Nurses, Health Educators, Dieticians, Home Health Aides, Health Education Program Assistants; and Public Health Licensed Practical Nurses by providing leadership in the area of case management, current medical and nursing technologies, current public health trends, and community resources.
- Intervene in emergency situations by notifying proper authorities such as police, physicians, child protection agencies and personnel in medical facilities/emergency rooms, provide information to court officials in cases of child and adult protection.
- Develop and provide health education and consultation services to community members, clients and family members, other professionals and Ramsey County employees on a one-to-one and group basis through home visits, clinics, health promotion and community outreach activities, respond to requests for information by phone or in person, coordinate and conduct health fairs, develop written and oral educational materials and curricula, and teach classes on topics related to public health issues, disease prevention and recognition, and safety and injury prevention, facilitate youth at-risk support groups on public health issues at local schools.
- Serve on or chair internal and external work groups, task forces and advisory committees for the purpose of influencing and developing policy and procedures related to various community public health issues.
- Assure privacy of client data according to federal and state regulations.
- Maintain data related to activities and draft periodic reports to grantors as required.
- Document cases, health promotion and community activities by preparing reports and necessary paperwork, develop and maintain required records and write case histories. Comply with child protection reporting requirements and collaborate with health care providers and community resources engaged with the family and schools.
- Participate in team meetings and one-on-one meetings with supervisor.
- Maintain data in a timely manner related to all activities as required.
Benefits / Compensation
- Competitive compensation
- Benefit package
Advanced Practice Solutions is a healthcare employment agency, with 20 years of successful experience, which provides professional Healthcare professionals with exceptional opportunities across the U.S. Visit us online for more information and a complete listing of available opportunities. www.advancedpracticesolutions.com